Look at all the successful people that you can think of, and what is the one thing that stands out about them the most? Beautiful catwalk models, actresses, actors, sportsmen and business people, not to mention the depictions of superheroes; all of them have a strong chin. Non-surgical chin augmentation with dermal fillers can help you achieve a defined chin that makes your side profile just beautiful.
If you feel that you have a ‘weak’ chin, there are two methods of dealing with it:
- Invasive chin augmentation surgery – this involves a permanent implant, and carries with it all of the dangers, and possible drawbacks and side effects of surgical procedures.
- Non-invasive chin augmentation with dermal fillers – this involves the use of dermal fillers at specific positions on the chin. The amount of dermal filler can be specifically tailored to the individual and therefore, can give a unique outcome for every patient. This method is temporary, although the effects can last for up to two years, depending on the metabolism rate of the individual. This non-invasive chin augmentation treatment is also repeatable.
How can I tell if I have a recessive chin?
To see if you have a ‘recessive’ chin, you can take a profile picture and draw a straight line from the inner part of your eyebrow, down past your nostril to your chin. If the line is straight, then your face is in proportion; however, if the line veers back towards your neck this indicates a ‘recessive’ chin which means you may benefit from chin augmentation with dermal fillers.
How does the treatment take place?
The areas to be injected are numbed with an anaesthetic cream which takes about 15 minutes to take effect. The filler is then placed in locations specific to achieving the desired effect. The entire process takes around 30 minutes. As you are awake throughout the process, and the results can be seen virtually immediately, it is possible for the small adjustments to be made during the treatment so that you are totally happy with the end result.
What are the benefits of non-surgical chin augmentation with dermal fillers?
There are several benefits to this type of treatment over invasive surgery.
- There is very little recovery time needed after the treatment
- There may be a little swelling and bruising , but this should resolve within a few days
- Physical exercise, apart from walking, need only be restricted for 24 hours
- The results are temporary, and if the patient is unhappy with the result it is possible to reverse the process within the first 24 hours by injecting hyaluronidase, an enzyme which breaks down Hyaluronic Acid
- Any enhancements look natural
If strengthening your ‘weak’ chin with non-invasive chin augmentation will help you feel happier and more confident with your look, the professional, friendly team here at Eden Medical Clinic can help.
Why not book an appointment for a free consultation today?