It is a rare thing to find anyone who is totally happy with the shape of their nose. Surgical rhinoplasty, or the ‘nose job’ has been available for years, but it is not everyone’s cup of tea. However, the good news is, if you wish to alter the way your nose looks, non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers such as Restylane, which contain Hyaluronic Acid, is a safe, temporary, non-allergenic method of enhancement.
Research says that the faces people find most beautiful are symmetrical and have features that are in proportion. Having a nose that you deem to be too small; crooked; asymmetrical or lumpy, can cause distress and make you feel less confident.
There are many variables to take into account with surgical rhinoplasty; it is a surgical procedure under anaesthetic; it is non-reversible; the results achieved may not be exactly what you were hoping for; there is a considerable recovery time; the results are not immediately seen due to swelling or bruising can be last for months.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers is the less-invasive option
Dermal fillers can be used in various ways to help to produce an effect that aesthetically balances the nose with the rest of the facial features, allowing the patient to feel less self-conscious and more confident.
This procedure will not be able to reduce the actual size of your nose; this is only possible with surgery. Having said that, non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers can make a nose appear smaller by making it look straighter.
These treatments are often used to augment the height and definition of the bridge of the nose, as well as other areas. As dermal fillers only add volume, and do not change the underlying bone structure, it is possible to create a shape that blends in more naturally with the rest of the face than would necessarily be achieved with invasive surgery.
Which areas can be treated?
Dermal fillers can give satisfying results in many areas including:
- The bridge of the nose – augmentation of a flat nasal bridge, or a perceptual reduction of a nasal bump
- Straightening of the nasal tip
- Reduction of the nostril size
- Straightening a crooked nose
- Correcting asymmetry
How does the treatment take place?
The areas to be injected are numbed with an anaesthetic cream which takes about 15 minutes to take effect. The filler is then placed in locations specific to achieving the desired effect. The entire process takes around 30 minutes. As you are awake throughout the process, and the results can be seen virtually immediately, it is possible for the small adjustments to be made during the treatment so that you are totally happy with the end result.
What are the benefits of non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers?
- There is very little recovery time needed after the treatment
- There may be a little swelling and bruising , but this should resolve within a few days
- Physical exercise, apart from walking, and the wearing of glasses, need only be restricted for 24 hours
- The results are temporary, and if the patient is unhappy with the result it is possible to reverse the process within the first 24 hours by injecting hyaluronidase, an enzyme which breaks down Hyaluronic Acid.
- Any enhancements look natural
If you require any more information, contact the team at Eden Medical Clinic.