In the constant battle to maintain, restore, and enhance fresh looking skin, we believe that Restylane is the best dermal filler for the job.
Your skin is amazing. It provides an ever present barrier between your body and the environment. It has to combat ageing; the effects of the weather, and life-style choices, such as smoking. As we age it becomes more of a battle to maintain youthful, fresh-looking skin, and this is when we turn to medical aesthetics for a helping hand. At Eden Medical, we believe that Restylane is the best dermal filler to use in these circumstances, for several reasons.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a dermal filler manufactured from Hyaluronic Acid. This is a substance manufactured naturally by your body but, as you age, the production of this material diminishes, leading to thinner, less hydrated skin and resulting in a loss of radiance.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is a patented form of Hyaluronic Acid in a gel which performs several tasks when injected into the skin.
- It ‘curls’ wrinkles and adds lift and support where needed.
- It attracts water molecules and binds them in the skin. This results in more hydrated skin and, subsequently, a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- It replaces volume lost to ageing.
- It shapes and defines the facial contours.
- It adds volume and contour to lips with a natural, balanced look.
- It can help to gradually improve the condition of your skin by increasing elasticity and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the areas in which we feel that Restylane is the best dermal filler?
The most common areas treated with dermal fillers are:
- Naso-labial folds or laughter lines – these run down the side of the nose to the mouth
- Marionette lines or oral commissure lines – these lines run down from the corners of the mouth and give a stern appearance.
- Cheek enhancement – as we age our faces start to sag due to the fact that the fat under the skin decreases and migrates downwards. Dermal fillers can be used to plump the cheeks up.
Is Restylane a safe filler to use?
As Restylane is manufactured from material that already occurs naturally in the body, there is a significantly reduced risk of an adverse reaction. However, this treatment should be avoided if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What are the potential side effects?
Most side effects resulting from the use of dermal fillers are directly related to the injection site rather than the injected material. These include:
All of these symptoms should resolve themselves within 2-7 days.
If you suffer from cold sores, dermal fillers may cause an outbreak so you should ensure that you have an oral prescription beforehand.